Thursday, August 30, 2012

Summer

My goodness how time flies! Where did our summer go? Over the last few weeks we have gone from blistering temps to the comfortable low to mid 80's. Fall is in the air. You can feel it with the cooling in the evening as the sun sets and in the moist dewy mornings when the sun rises. The sun is setting sooner and rising later. Of course the wheat harvest is rapidly coming to a close as well. Fitting I suppose with the easing of the temperatures and shortening of the days. Although I will miss the long summer days and the warmth summer offers, I look forward to what the fall season will bring. The plants will be able to rest from the long scorching dry summer days, the evenings are full of a moist earthy scent, fireplace smoke drifts in the air adding it's spicy smell to the soft earthy scent and the dust goes away. Everything around seems to take a long deep breath and embrace the ease that fall brings with it. Soon the leaves will change and the cool refreshing evening breeze of summer will change to the crisp subtle wind of fall and bring with it the giant bright white cotton ball clouds that gallop and chase each other across the sky. We still have some warm summer days left and I intend to savor these days and save up all the warmth that I can. I will most certainly miss the warm summer sun and long lazy days of summer.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful words to describe the changing season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michaele. :-) Hope you are well. Hoping things will calm soon so I can catch up with my blog reading. Missing everyone.

      Delete
  2. I like how you made a picture in my mind with this post. Things are getting that musty, earthy smell around here at night too. I do enjoy the fall and all it's wonderful smells!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful description on the changing seasons.
    I love Fall! It's my favorite season!

    I still have a few summer chores to get done though, and then I will embrace Fall, and all it offers :)

    Have a great week!
    K.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...