Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Short Days

     As the days move closer and closer to that one, shortest day of the year in December, I find myself disliking the end of the day. I am a "light" person. I like the light. Natural sun light that is. I love the longer days of daylight during summer. My most favorite time is when the sunlight lingers through the evening past 9:00 p.m. So, when we get into the winter months and the time change and dusk falls at 3:45 p.m. - well, I am just not a happy camper. I hate it when it gets dark so early. Especially that early. It is really the pits. Some may like the early darkness and longer night times, not I. I long for the longer days and springing forward of time in the Spring. I quietly bide my time as we move closer to that shortest day of the year and as soon as that one day is over I start watching the time that darkness falls and with each passing day I am awarded a few minutes longer of light. I can't wait until it stays light again past 5:00 p.m. Even more so, I can't wait until those long, lingering days of light return in the summer. Yep, those long light filled days are the days for me.                                                                                                                      

3 comments:

  1. I so am in agreement with you. I am craving light. It is dark when I get home from work and I truly think that puts me in a grumpy mood. I've tried the natural light lamps and all I got from it was am empty wallet. Yes, they are expensive. I along with you am counting down to the shortest day. GIVE ME LIGHT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite times of the day is late evening in the summertime when the shadows are long and the light is that beautiful golden color. It brings me peace. When I worked I rode the train to work in the dark in the AM and rode the train home in the dark in the PM...and oh would I love it when the light was still there when I stepped off the train at 5:05 PM sometime in late January or early February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just the golden light you are speaking of. It too is my most favorite time of the evening during summer. It changes things and makes them seem different somehow.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...